As part of its ongoing effort to ensure a continuum of care for MaineCare services, the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) undertook a study of service delivery models and payments for Substance Use Disorder Treatment Facilities covered under Appendix B of Section 97 of the MaineCare Benefits Manual. Burns & Associates, a Division of Health Management Associates, assisted DHHS in this effort and established this website as a repository for study-related materials.
PROVIDER RATE MODELS
Proposed rate models were released for public comment on March 29, 2021. The final rate models incorporate a number of changes made in response to these comments as well as updated benchmark data.
- The Department’s responses to public comments can be found here.
- The final rate models can be found here.
PROVIDER SURVEY AND COST REPORT ANALYSES
- The provider survey analyses presentation can be found here.
- The provider survey analysis can be found here.
- The cost report analysis can be found here.
- The Excel-based survey can be accessed here.
- The survey instructions can be accessed here.
This webpage and the rate study are supported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award totaling $2,144,225 with 100 percent funded by CMS/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by CMS/HHS, or the U.S. Government.