As part of its ongoing effort to ensure a continuum of care for MaineCare services, the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) undertook a study of payments and service delivery models for Intensive Outpatient (IOP) services. Burns & Associates, a Division of Health Management Associates assisted DHHS in this effort and has established this website as a repository for study-related materials.
PROVIDER RATE MODELS
Proposed rate models were released for public comment on March 26, 2021. The final rate models incorporate a number of changes made in response to these comments as well as updated benchmark data.
- The Department’s responses to public comments can be found here.
- The final rate models can be found here.
PROVIDER SURVEY AND ANALYSIS
A key factor in this effort is a provider survey to collect data regarding providers’ service delivery designs and costs, which is available for download below:
- The provider survey analysis can be found here.
- The Excel-based survey can be accessed here.
- The survey instructions can be accessed here.