March 2019 Rate Study
As required by Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4519.8, the Department of Developmental Services submitted a service provider rate study to the Legislature in March 2019. The report, draft rate models, and supporting documentation can be accessed here.
Public Comments and February 2020 Rate Models
Stakeholders were invited to comment on the March 2019 rate study report and draft rate models.
- A two-page overview of the comment process and changes to the rate models can be found here.
- The Department’s responses to public comments can be found here.
- The updated rate models can be found here.
- Rate models extracted for each individual Regional Center can be found here.
- The fiscal analysis by service code can be found here.
February 2022 Rate Model Updates
Chapter 76, Statutes of 2021 (AB 136) established the timeline for implementing the rate models, with the first stage effective April 1, 2022. In advance of the phase-in, the rate models have been updated to incorporate new published data, such as more recent wage data.