The Rhode Island Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals (BHDDH) is in the process of reviewing payment rates and policies for services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Burns & Associates, a division of Health Management Associates (HMA-Burns), has been contracted to assist with this rate study.
A key element of this study is a provider survey that collects information regarding providers’ service designs and costs.
- The survey (a Microsoft Excel file) can be accessed here.
- Instructions for completing the survey can be accessed here.
- A webinar that walks through the survey can be accessed here.
Please note the following:
- Data collected through the survey will be a consideration as BHDDH assesses the adequacy of current payment rates and studies possible changes to the rates. Thus, although the survey is voluntary, all providers are encouraged to participate.
- Information collected through the survey will be utilized only for the purpose of this study and providers’ individual responses will not be published.
- Partially completed surveys will be accepted. You may skip any questions that request information that your agency cannot provide, and those portions of the survey that are completed will still be part of the survey analysis.
- If there are any factors that you believe should be considered but were not included in the survey, note those issues (and any other comments) in the transmittal email when submitting the survey. You may also submit any other documentation that you would like considered as part of this study.
We recognize that the survey is lengthy and detailed. In addition to the recorded webinar noted above, you are encouraged to contact us with any questions at [email protected] or (602) 466-9841.
Completed surveys are due by Tuesday, May 31st and should be submitted to [email protected].